Wednesday, 05 April 2006
- Well...I had quite the time at the NATPE Educational Foundation workshop today.
- It's finally time for me to push off into the dark waters of...networking. Print up the business cards, dry clean the suit-- I'm goin' to Boston!
- Farmers Almanac TV just returned from the National Association of Television Programming Executives conference (NATPE) in Las Vegas last week where we learned that the strategy of launching a series on public television and a broadband network on the internet is the perfect approach to building a media brand in this day and age of convergence.
- Turns out not even people who have hosted syndicated talk shows and attended annual programming conventions can't get the Name of the National Association of Television Program Executives, or the acronym, straight.
- The National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) did not know what they were in for when "Shut Up and Model!" took its 2006 Conference & Exhibition by storm.
Thursday, 23 March 2006
Greg in Montenegro
If you haven't checked it out yet, be sure to read Greg Pitts' blog about his ongoing adventures in Montenegro (as part of a Fulbright fellowship, no less).
Wednesday, 08 March 2006
- B&C notes that "NATPE is looking for a few good college professors."
- And C21 foresees: "Natpe looks into future of TV"
Monday, 27 February 2006
Notes from Montenegro
Our own Greg Pitts, in Montenegro on a Fulbright Fellowship, shares his observations in a special blog -- check it out!
Tuesday, 18 October 2005
Getting Some Play
Thanks to Video Age and TV Week for picking up the news about the 9th Student Career Workshop, at 3TV and WB6 in Phoenix, AZ on Nov. 5!
Friday, 02 September 2005
Call for Faculty
NATPE has officially put out the call to educators who want to learn more about the biz as membes of its in its 2006 Faculty Fellow Program.
The academic year is short--the NATPE convention in Las Vegas, Jan.24-26.
Friday, 01 July 2005
Wednesday, 22 June 2005
A Gentleperson & A Scholar
St. Thomas University, the only Catholic Diocesan sponsored university in the state of Florida, has announced a $2,000 scholarship for its Master of Arts in Communication Arts graduate program with a Specialization in Hispanic Media.
Monday, 25 April 2005
Just as a reminder, students have ONE WEEK to send in their entries in the 2005 Student Video & Film Production Award Contest... and to have a shot at the $3,000 grand prize.
Friday, 15 April 2005
Ides of April
NATPE Birthday to Elizabeth Montgomery and Leonardo da Vinci!
There are 283 days until NATPE 2006. Today is the U.S. filing deadline for income taxes.
There are 2 WEEKS left for interested college students to submit their short videos in the Student Contest!